Our main place of worship is St Elisabeth's Church in Rake Lane Cemetery, which is in Liscard, Wallasey.
The number 410 bus from Birkenhead bus station stops directly outside Rake Lane cemetery. From the other direction, it can be caught a mere two blocks from New Brighton station.
From New Brighton station, cross over Atherton Street to Victoria Road. Continue the short walk along Victoria Road - passing the large church on your right, until you reach the first junction with traffic lights, (this is Seabank Road and there is a pub on the corner). Cross the road and turn left. You will see the bus stop in front of you. From here, you can catch bus numbers 410 and 433 (and at weekends, the 110). Ask the driver for the cemetery on Rake Lane. The journey lasts just under five minutes, and you will see the cemetery on your right.
The nearest station is New Brighton station on the Wirral Line from Liverpool. Those travelling from the direction of Chester may take the train for Liverpool and change at Hamilton Square for the New Brighton train. The church is about 1 mile from the station. Once you arrive at New Brighton station:
- Turn right out of the main station entrance into Atherton Street and follow it to the end. (This road will take you up a short but steep incline).
- Turn left into St George's Mount (the final left turn from Atherton Street) and follow it round to the end. This will take you to Rowson Street.
- Turn right into Rowson Street and keep going. Rowson Street almost immediately becomes Rake Lane.
- Keep going along Rake Lane. You will pass a number of shops before you see the cemetery on your right after about 5-10 minutes. The church is within the cemetery grounds.
For driving directions, please use the map below:
The nearest railway station is Birkenhead Park station, also on the Wirral Line. The journey takes approximately 12 minutes from Liverpool Lime Street station on either the New Brighton or West Kirby train. Those coming from the direction of Chester can get the train for Liverpool and change at Hamilton Square for the train for either New Brighton or West Kirby.
The chapel is about a mile from the station and much of the journey is up a steep incline. Those who are likely to find walking difficult may wish to ask station staff for details of local taxi companies. Otherwise:
- Turn right out of the station entrance and continue along the road. This is Duke Street and becomes Ashville Road. It runs through the middle of Birkenhead Park and emerges at the other side of the park, eventually taking you to a roundabout.
- Take the second exit off the roundabout, (essentially, straight ahead), into Manor Hill Road, and continue up the hill.
- At the top, the road curves to the left. Follow it round and turn right into Alton Road.
- At the end of the first block, you will see a Methodist/United Reformed church on your right. Turn right immediately after the church into Beresford Road.
- Continue along Beresford Road until you reach Shrewsbury Road.
- Turn right into Shrewsbury Road.
For driving directions, please use this map: