We also have services in St Elisabeth's Chapel, which is in a private home in Oxton, Birkenhead.
The nearest railway station is Birkenhead Park station, also on the Wirral Line. The journey takes approximately 12 minutes from Liverpool Lime Street station on either the New Brighton or West Kirby train. Those coming from the direction of Chester can get the train for Liverpool and change at Hamilton Square for the train for either New Brighton or West Kirby.
The chapel is about a mile from the station and much of the journey is up a steep incline. Those who are likely to find walking difficult may wish to ask station staff for details of local taxi companies. Otherwise:
- Turn right out of the station entrance and continue along the road. This is Duke Street and becomes Ashville Road. It runs through the middle of Birkenhead Park and emerges at the other side of the park, eventually taking you to a roundabout.
- Take the second exit off the roundabout, (essentially, straight ahead), into Manor Hill Road, and continue up the hill.
- At the top, the road curves to the left. Follow it round and turn right into Alton Road.
- At the end of the first block, you will see a Methodist/United Reformed church on your right. Turn right immediately after the church into Beresford Road.
- Continue along Beresford Road until you reach Shrewsbury Road.
- Turn right into Shrewsbury Road.
The church is two doors along on your right, and is number 58. You will see a Slavic Cross embedded in the drive gates.
For driving directions, please use this map: