The next Liturgy is on Sunday 28th August 10:00 Hours and Divine Liturgy. This is the feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God. Please bring fragrant herbs to be blessed. There will be a contribution lunch after church.
- The church is open for Heritage Open Days on Wednesday 7th September and Sunday 11th September from 14:00 - 16:00. If you would like to help Fr Paul welcome visitors, please let him know.
- The Holywell Pilgrimage is on Saturday October 1st. More details will follow.
- Choir practices will be resume shortly and take place at Father Paul's house.
- George Simpson was baptised on Sunday 21st August after the Holy Liturgy. Helena and Stephen and their family in Ukraine and Fr Nickolai from Helena's home church have donated a beautiful icon of St Elisabeth for our church. Photos of it will appear shortly.
- Sunday 28th is the Feast of the Dormition. Fr Thomas will be serving the Liturgy at St Elisabeth's as Fr Paul will be at the Cathedral with Vladika Mark. Please bring fragrant herbs to be blessed at the Liturgy. There will be a contribution lunch after the Liturgy.
- Father Paul will be taking down the flowers from the iconastas after Dormition. Please let him know if you can give him some help.
- Father Patrick is visiting on Sunday 18th September and Fr Thomas is visiting on Sunday 25th September.
- Advanced notice. "Lyra", an Orthodox singing group from St Petersburg will be giving a concert in St Elisabeth's next year on May 17th. More details will follow nearer the time.
Father Paul is looking after the Parish of St John of Shanghai in Belfast until there is a new rector. He is next serving the on the 10th September. Please pray the there will shortly be a a replacement for Fr Mladin. Fr Paul is also helping the Cathedral clergy and will be serving the Liturgy at the parish of St Vladimir in Cheltenham on Saturday September 3rd.
The Choir has begun to record parts of the Liturgy. You can find the these here. or in the drop down menu under 'Our Worship' here..
Choir Practice at Father Paul's house (CH43 2HY) as anounced..
Media at St Elisabeth's. Father Paul records the Readings and the sermon of each Sunday . These recordings can be found under the tab 'Weekly Sermons' on the drop down menu on the left hand side of the website. Just click on the underlined text.
Pilgrimage in July. Father Paul and Matushka joined Father Vladimir on a pilgrimage to Svir and Solovets on July 25th, 2016 with pilgrims from our London Cathedral Parish. Reader Chad, Ludmila,Yulia and Svetlana (T) also joined the pilgrimage. Father Paul will put some material and photos about the pilgrimage on the Diocesan Website in the near future.
New Candlestands. The London Cathedral Parish resolved to gift three candlestands to St Elisabeth's. As always, we are most grateful for the generosity of the Cathedral Parish towards us. Father Paul took two very old candlestands to Ormesby's of Scarisbrick to get them restored. There are photographs of them in use at the wedding of the Tsar's neice in London in 1922. They are already by the central icon. As part of the furnishings of the London Imperial Russian Embassy, they would have been used by the Tsar to say his prayers on his visits to Britain. Fr Paul will put detailed photos of them on the website shortly.